- LAN Game - How to start up a simple server and battle each other.
- If your computer is directly attached to the network or you have a router/firewall, you can set it up to allow others to connect to your server.
Networking documentation goes here:
- Packet format - What we have implemented so far.
- Vegastrike Account Protocall
- Todo - What still needs to be done.
- Implementation status.
- Testing - Testing the network code.
- Reporting Deathmatch Problems - Bugs with our current deathmatch server
Network Protocol Documentation Project
forum thread : http://forums.vega-strike.org/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=18220
- Development:Network:DownloadSystem (the client can download larger files/data like system.xml from the server)
- docs for process : login (deathmatch, mmo, accountserver)
- docs for process : jump to another system
- docs for process : dock
- docs for process : undock
- docs for process : buy/sell items & equip
- docs for process : buy/sell ship (bugged as of 5.1beta2, what happens, what should happen)
- docs for process : other ships entering/leaving (jump/dock)
- docs for process : ship movement (udp)
- docs for process : combat: weapon locking and firing, damage, turrets, wingmen
- packetlog examples
There's still a lot to do.