- complete chatlog chatlog_fas_19.10.2007
- freeartsearch code "gpl3 or later" ?
- ghoulsblade task : svn list , image search and thumbnail generation
- cloud (searchcloud ? tagcloud ?)
- big fat disclaimer about license guessing/infos/hints
- md5 search : art used in projects x,y,z
- ugd thread is dead, someone should dig that one out of the dump maybe
- association svn-username with nick : like in ohloh it should be possible to use different commit names that all refer to one person
- usecase : only lead artist has commit access : some of the artfiles are in fact made by him, but others are not and he just committed them
- loose link between art, project, commiter and artist/author, ie the project link could be used to guess the license of a file
ideas for later
- later : art request, concept sketches and notes, roles,subtasks : spec(polycount...),concept,model,unwrap,texture,anim...
- many beginning game artists struggle with lack of direction
- good : as many directions as possible, spiced with the "about" word like "about 1000 polys"
- many specs are good, in the sense of "guidelines" , not as "limitations", they are not binding, and give a good starting point
- artrequest tagging, e.g. hill-ogre for project xrpg would have the tags "monster","humanoid","fantasy"
- or like model/prop, model/character, model/creature, model/vehicle, model/1stpersonweapon
- real world objects, don't require much concept art, rather reference photos or blueprints
<tmass> if such uber task list existed, i could probably lure some concepts artists there <tmass> who spend time on training/personal projects <tmass> and wouldn't mind doing something required by others <tmass> many people are afraid of obligations connected with participation in projects <tmass> but one-time well defined tasks are different deal <tmass> people may occasionally have free time or creative mood <tmass> and check out such task list <tmass> it would also provide help in building artist's portfolios
- rss support, watchlist/subscribe : email notifications on add ...
- encourage free licenses for art request
- options for "accepted" or "desired" licenses when making the request
- gently encourage it without forcing it : also per-project can-we-use-this requests
- some artists will want to grant permission to use "per project"
- if they get to work with a few os project they might become more open-minded
- not permitting to use the animated model of a game's main character in other projects is understandable
- make it easy for people to ask the artist like "hey, cool thing, can we use it for our project as well ?"
- user ratings for art (registered and anonymous seperately displayed) e.g. with 1-5 stars or so like ohloh
- hmm many people searching might not register
- cudo system from ohloh ? (social networking idea)
- some sort of commit monitoring would be cool, to see what's recently submitted
- rss, list of newest additions... and watchlist config stuff when registered (mail on new)
first steps for core
- indexing svns (like openarena) , generating previews, and making a search for filename would be the first steps i think
- next would be tagging
- and indexing freegamearts and virtual worlds wiki
- (maybe later worldforge and a few of the texture-repositories from my linklist, but those two above should be enough for getting started)
- User adding of content links
- No hosting, but thumbnails
- Flash for sounds
- problem : Blender : batch-mode, python : import model formats, preview image, polycount
- tags : image:tilable,audio:loop ...